The name Boca Raton is Spanish for "mouth of the rat." Today, there are approximately 75,000 persons living in the area. It is the home to many cultural centers, including the Boca Raton Museum; Caldwell Theatre; the Lynn Conservatory of Music and Florida Atlantic University. Many large employers, including IBM, Siemens, Tyco, NCCI Holdings and others are headquartered in this area.
Boca Raton Social Security Disability Attorney Randy Zeldin, Esq. has represented many Boca Raton residents in appeals of Social Security Disability claims, before Social Security Judges. The laws and rules which govern Social Security Disability, include those for "non-exertional" limitations. These factors must be considered by a Social Security Judge, as to whether an individual is able to return to work within the national economy:
- Mental/emotional or intellectual impairments. These include the ability to carry out and remember simple instructions; to respond appropriately to co-workers and the public and to deal with changes in routine.
- Hearing, Speech and Communications limitations include the ability to hear, speak or otherwise communicate.
- Postural limitations, the need to elevate legs, inability to bend, knee, squat, stand straight can adversely impact many jobs.
- Reaching and handling limitations may eliminate a large number of occupations, especially in which bimanual dexterity is required.
- Environmental restrictions include noise, dust, irritants, pollutants, smoke or fumes, extremes of heat, cold or dampness.
- Visual limitations, although short of blindness, can have a significant impact on the ability to perform work.
In order for a non-exertional limitation to have an impact on a disability claim, the limitation must result in significant functional deficits. Such deficits might arise from weakness, pain, stress, fatigue, limited use of a body part or function, etc.
A Boca Raton Social Security Disability claimant's subjective complaints must be considered by the Social Security Judge. In order to be credible, they should be consistent with the "objective" medical evidence and with the claimant's activities of daily living (cooking, shopping, etc.). Credibility issues can destroy an otherwise great claim. A skilled Social Security Disability Attorney such as Randy Zeldin, Esq. can assist Boca Raton residents in their testimony before a Social Security Disability Judge.
Attorney Randy Zeldin, Esq. offers free in-office consultations. Call now to schedule your appointment.
The Boca Raton law office of Randy Zeldin, Esq. is conveniently located on 6111 Broken Sound Pkwy NW, #200.
Contact us online or call (561) 613-0101 today for a free and confidential consultation!