The City of Coconut Creek has over 52,000 persons and is home to world famous Butterfly World. It has been designated as a “Community Wildlife Habitat,” because of its beautiful parks, landscaping and waterways. Coconut Creek is a suburb of metropolitan Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
Coconut Creek Social Security Disability Lawyer and Attorney is available to assess the appeal of Social Security Disability cases. Many cases for Social Security Disability involve mental impairments. These cases often focus on the following areas of functioning:
- Activities of daily living.
- Social Functioning.
- Concentration, persistence or pace.
- Episodes of decompensation.
The basic mental demands of competitive, remunerative, unskilled work include the abilities to understand, carry out and remember simple instructions; to respond appropriately to supervision, coworkers and usual work situations; and to deal with changes in a routine work setting. A substantial loss of ability to meet any of these basic work-related activities would severely limit the potential occupational base. This, in turn, would justify a finding of disability, because even favorable age, education or work experience will not offset such a severely limited occupational base. Under the Social Security rules and law, physical exertion levels are measured in the following categories: sedentary; light; medium; heavy and very heavy. Similarly, skill levels are measured as follows:
- Unskilled means little or no judgment is required to do simple duties than can be learned on the job in a short period of time (30 days or less).
- Semiskilled requires some skills, but does not require doing more complex work duties.
- Skill requires qualifications in which a person uses judgment, makes sophisticated adjustments and deals with people, facts, figures or abstract ideas at a high level of complexity.
There are many Social Security Disability claimants in Coconut Creek and Ft. Lauderdale who may qualify for benefits, based on mental and psychiatric disabilities and impairments. Social Security Disability Attorney Randy Zeldin, Esq. will evaluate your case in a free, in-office consultation
The Boca Raton law office of Randy Zeldin, Esq. is conveniently located on 6111 Broken Sound Pkwy NW, #200. Contact us at (561) 613-0101.