Mental Disorders afflicts many adults throughout South Florida and in Pompano Beach, Deerfield Beach, Boca Raton, Delray Beach and Boynton Beach. There is a huge variation of the causes and nature of mental disorders. In order to qualify for Social Security Disability, attorney Randy Zeldin, Esq. will help you to prove that the disorder imposes on an individual's ability to work for at least 12 months.
The following are categories of mental impairments that may be considered for Social Security Disability Benefits:
- Organic Mental Disorders are psychological or behavioral abnormalities associated with a dysfunction of the brain. Some of the diseases included as an "organic mental disorder" are Alzheimer's Disease; dementia;
- Psychotic Disorders are psychiatric illnesses characterized by one or more of the following symptoms: delusions, hallucinations, catatonic behavior, and incoherence. The disease must result in marked restrictions of daily living or social functioning in order to qualify for SSD. Schizophrenia is an example of a psychotic disorder.
- Mental Retardation is typified by lower IQ scale or incapacity evidenced by dependence upon other for personal needs and inability to follow directions, etc.
- Anxiety Related Disorders can mean recurrent obsessions or compulsions; irrational fears; panic attacks; recurrent recollections of a traumatic experience.
- Somatoform Disorders - This refers to multiple physical symptoms of several years duration, beginning before age 30, which significantly alter life patterns or disturbances of vision, speech hearing or use of a limb.
- Personality Disorders exist when personality traits are inflexible and maladaptive and cause either significant impairment in social or occupational functioning or subjective distress.
- Autism Disorder is characterized by qualitative deficits in the development of reciprocal social interaction, in the development of verbal and nonverbal communication skills and in imaginative activity.
If you or a family member of love one is unable to work due to a mental disorder, please contact Social Security Disability Attorney Randy Zeldin, Esq., representing individuals in Pompano Beach, Deerfield Beach, Boca Raton, Delray Beach and Boynton Beach