Workers' Compensation Injuries
Florida ranks as one of the most dangerous States for on the job injuries. Poor training of employees and improper or inadequate safety procedures are among the reasons. Florida construction and roofing accidents are very numerous and often serious. Randy Zeldin is an experienced construction accident attorney in Boca Raton and South Florida.
An injury means a physical injury or a psychiatric problem which results from the physical injury. A psychiatric problem not connected to a physical injury won't get workers' compensation coverage. But an injured worker, who has depression because of an injury, can get psychiatric care.
Common workers' compensation injures are as follows:
- Orthopedic injuries - knee and shoulder tears; back and neck herniations and sprains.
- Neurological injuries - nerve root impingement from back and neck injuries.
- Brain injuries - from falls or electrical injuries or other trauma.
- Spinal cord injuries/paralysis - often from falls or car accidents.
- Burn injuries - usually chemical or electrical.
- Amputation - often construction related.
- Heart attacks, heart disease and hypertension - are always workers' compensation injuries for Florida firefighters and police.
Randy Zeldin represents firefighters and police officers in specialized heart related workers' compensation claims under Florida's "Heart and Lung Bill."
When is your case both workers' compensation and personal injury?
Many times an injury is caused by the negligence of another person or corporation. For example, a defective tool such as a drill or ladder may have caused your injury. Sometimes the injury may be caused by the negligence of another, such as a drunk driver or a careless contractor on the job site. Boca Raton workers' compensation attorney Randy Zeldin will analyze your case to determine if a personal injury claim can be successfully brought on your behalf.
If you have been injured on the job, you may have a valid workers' compensation claim. Please contact Randy Zeldin for a free consultation.